Thursday, October 8, 2009

As of late...


I have started to notice that I am more often than not absolutely oblivious to the goings on of the subway these days. Why? My iPod. When I first moved to NYC, something about tuning out on the subway seemed almost irreverent and I avoided doing it at all costs. But after over a year of Subway riding, I decided to join the rest of New York and plug in. Tune out.

Well it turns out I miss being about to chronicle the goings on of the subway. A lot. So much so that I noticed something recently, something beautiful. As such, I have decided to pay more attention to subway nonsense again. What did I notice? A newly wed couple getting on the train at the City Hall. They looked blissfully happy. They were obviously so in love. And the bride couldn't stop fingering her husband's new wedding band. They sat on the M train at 3pm, happily ignorant of the train full of middle schoolers laughing all the way to Essex street where they exited the train and skipped up the stairs into the daylight.

I'm paying attention again. I swear.

No comments: